LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- Ironman 70.3 Triathlon in Cebu saw Keren Miers finish in 5:13:41 - victorious in his age group! A week later, Stan Chow completed Ironman 70.3 Triathlon in Chungju, South Korea and finished 4th in his new age group in hot conditions
- Chih Liew went up to Hokkaido for the Mt. Taisetsu Ultra Trail and ran 61km, only to get cut off at the first check point, which required a much faster time than the previous year.
- On the 21st, Eric Lebrasseur took on the challenge of the UT4M (Ultra Tour of 4 Massifs) a 169km (!) race in Grenoble, France. Eric finished in 36:02:59 (that’s hours, folks), placing a very impressive 36th out of 547.
- Meanwhile, in Fukushima, David Rubenstein faced the challenge of 33 degrees heat and strong wind at the Aizu Triathlon, where he recorded a respectable (given the conditions) 2:27:05 to place 13th in his age group.
- Japan’s big summer race is the Sapporo Marathon, which was on the 28th. Gareth Evans ran 3:33:38, followed by Takeshi Koide, Yuri Kambara and Rika Evans. Yuri is now famous in Spain, having done a long interview in Tokyo prior to the marathon with the Spanish star of Maraton Man, who also ran the race.
- Also on the 28th, Teruyuki Minegishi and Rui Natsuka ran the very hilly (well, mountainous) Fuji Yoshida Fire Festival Half Marathon, completing the ups and downs in 1:40+ and 1:50:51, respectively.
- And on the same day, Yasuo Hayakawa ran a trail race in Nishizawa Valley, finishing in 1:25:30 and placing 19th.
Wednesday nights in Yoyogi Park. Meet at the kiosk 100m inside park entrance near Harajuku station at 7:15pm.
- 7 - 1000 x 6
- 14 - 1000 x 5, 500 x 2
- 21 - 2000 x 2, 1000, 500 x 2
- 28 - 5,000m time trial at Yumenoshima Track (near Shin Kiba station)
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Sweat pours down body.
Shows how hard you are working.
So turn up the heat!