LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
• Yuka Sato ran her first race in Shanghai on the 10th. The 8K course had distance marks at places like 4.9k and 6.3k. She finished in 37:58, good for 16th place among women.
• Satohi Numasawa, Carol Cunningham and Leng Leng Koh ran in the London Marathon on the 17th. They all enjoyed the experience, especially Leng with a 3:18. Satohi and Carol were not happy with their times, which we will not report, but look for these two tough women to bounce back in their next marathon.
• Also on the 17th, the Harriers club held a Marathon Time Trial. Mainly for those who had registered for the cancelled Nagano Marathon, the event also offered a 10K, 20K and 30K. 12 Nambanners took part, led by Christian Butzek, who ran an amazing 2:47:15 by himself, and Lars Uehlin who achieved sub-3 with a 2:58:53
• Geraldine Nogami, Mika Tokairin, Mary Eckstein and Keren Miers journeyed far south to Miyakojima for the Strongman Triathlon (near Ironman distance) on the 24th. All four placed well in their age groups (Geraldine 1st). Congratulations!
• 4 (Wed) Namban workout. A: 1600 x 3, 800, 400. B: 1600, 1200 x 2, 800, 400.
• 7 (Sat) TELL Charity Runathon 5K and 10K. You can sign up on the day from 9:00.
• 8 (Sun) Fuji Susono Half and 10K. At least 11 club members will challenge “The Hill.”
• 11 (Wed) Namban workout. A&B: 800, 1200, 600, 1200, 600, 1200, 600.
• 18 (Wed) Namban workout. A&B: 1200, 1200, 1000, 1000, 800, 800.
• 25 (Wed) Namban workout. 5,000m time trial.
• 26 (Thur) Multi-club 5,000m time trial at Oda Field. Probably from 7:10pm. Run in 3 sections - good competition!
• 29 (Sun) Green Ekiden at Imperial Palace. Namban will have two teams of four people.
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Warm sun on your skin
Mornings are no longer feared
Running in Springtime!