LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- Jenene Marks, now living in Australia, ran the Sydney Harbour 10K on the 10th, finishing 3rd in her AG and 20th woman overall in 40:47.
- The Oxfam Trailwalker is a 100km trek up and down mountains in Fukushima. Team Tree Trekkers, consisting of Yukiko K., Mutsumi, Meg and Tatsuji, completed the course in 27 hrs, 4 mins., placing 7th overall. 95 teams started and 58 finished, so that is a great result! They achieved their goals for both time and money raised.
- The always popular, always hot Obuse Half Marathon was held on the 17th in..Obuse, which is in Nagano pref. Chika Kanai, Terry Minegishi, Bob Johnston, Naoko Hanakawa, Hoel Guisbault, David and Meg Rubenstein, Gary and Mami Chandler, Geraldine Nogami and Taeko Katano enjoyed themselves with a nice run and sake sampling afterwards.
- Meanwhile, Mika Kume was in Scotland with her old (means previous, not that the runners are old…) Singapore running club for the 63km Clyde Stride Ultramarathon, which she completed in a respectable 8hrs. 14 mins.
- 11 Nambanners turned out for the multi-club 5,000m time trial (actually a 5,000m track race) on the 21st in warm and very muggy conditions. We all did well, led by Dante Michael in 17:40. Notably, Bob Johnston ran 19:46 to finally get under 20 minutes!
- July 22nd was the annual race up Mt. Fuji, which five of our best mountain runners competed in. And their results were good!
Race to the top (shortened to 5th station)
Eric Lebrasseur 1:44:03, 210/2104 overall, 208/1990 male
Yuichi Kanamori 1:48:23, 359/2104 overall, 354/1990 male
Rie Onodera 2:10:29, 1561/2104 overall, 61/114 female
Race to 5th station
Yuki Seshimo 2:11:53, 591/1244 overall, 40/140 female
Ai Hasegawa 2:20:42, 821/1244 overall, 65/140 female
- On the 30th Marie Gras ran a tough 28K trial race in Nagano in 3:31, in the rain. 9th woman and 1st in AG!
Wednesday nights in Yoyogi Park. Meet at the kiosk 100m inside park entrance near Harajuku station at 7:15pm.
- 3 - 1000 x 6
- 10 - 1000 x 5, 500 x 2
- 17 - 1000 x 5, 500 x 2
- 24 - 2000, 1000 x 3, 500 x 2
- 31 - 5,000m time trial at Yumenoshima Track (near Shin Kiba station)
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Sweat pours down body.
Shows how hard you are working.
So turn up the heat!