LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
Not much racing happened in August. We had good turnouts to workouts, however, with more than 40 runners each week and 50 on the 10th.
• On the 27th, Michael Tandler and Yoshitaka Ishikawa ran the Utsukushigahara Trail Run (about 36km). Out of 470 runners and walkers, Yoshi finished 7th in his age group and 11th overall. A great result! His time was 4:26:21. Michael was 47th age group, 50th overall, time 5:07:50. He said, “Landscape was really nice and enjoyable. The course was challenging, especially the last long downhill of about 8km and 1,000m difference in altitude descent.”
• Also, congratulations to Yoshida-san on getitng married!
All Namban workouts at Oda Field from 7:25pm.
• 7 Namban workout. 1000 x 6
• 11 A team led by Adrian will run an ekiden in Chiyoda-ku.
• 14 Namban workout. 400, 1000, 1200, 1200, 1000, 800, 400
• 17 A team led by Cory will run an ekiden in Saitama.
• 21 Namban workout. 1200, 1200, 1000, 1000, 800, 800
• 28 Namban workout. 5,000m time trial.
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
September is here
But the heat does not depart