LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD
- 6th - At the Chippenham Half Marathon in England, Yuka Morrell ran 1:43:56. It would have been faster, but they kept giving her confusing splits in miles!
- On the 13th, Harrisson Uk finished the 50k Shirakawago Mountain Road Race in 3:48 and placed 7th overall — impressive!
- Chika Kanai and Teruyuki Minegishi ran a 20K race on the 20th called the Kyoho no Oka Marathon, with Chika coming in 10th woman in 1:29:06.
- Bob Johnston ran the Inage Sunset Half Marathon on the 19th. Unfortunately, the sun had set by the time the race started at 5:40. The humidity was still high, however, Bob managed a very respectable 1:31:59, good for 17th place.
- On the 20th, Nick Coyle ran the Tazawa-ko Marathon in Akita in 4:12.
- The Big One! Ultra Trail Mt. Fuji held on the 26th and 27th, as it takes more than one day to complete!! Three of our ultra-strong Ultra runners competed in ther 168km division: Eric Lebrasseur, Takeshi Koide and Chih Hoe Liew, as well as the surprising Taras Koochin. Also in the 80km Shizuoka to Yamanashi race were Lawrence Schneck and Nathalie Darbon. In addition to the extreme distance and mountainous terrain, rain and fog made the trails very slippery in places with bad visibility during the night. Sounds like fun, eh? Eric came through in 33:18:52 (that’s 33 hours!) for 129th, 33rd AG. Takeshi had 33:58:21 for 140th/73rd and Chihi 35:47:00 for 177th/88th. Taras completed 126km in 28:58:02. In the “shorter” race, Lawrence ran 11:54:54 for 45th/42nd and Nathalie 15:55:58 for 288th/29th. Serious feats of endurance, well done to all.
- On the 27th, Rie Onodera placed 3rd in her age group in the Ichinoseki 10K in 42:32. Yuichi Kanamori also participated.
- And on the same day, Mutsumi Kamiya ran in the Madia Komagome Half Marathon, winning a prize for 7th in her age group.
Wednesday night workouts are at Oda Field track from 7:30pm.
- 7 - 1000 x 6
- 14 - 600 800 1000 1200 1000 800 600
- Note: From 21st – in Yoyogi Park. Meet at the kiosk 100m inside Harajuku entrance at 7:30.
21 - 1000 x 6
- 28 - 5000m time trial
HAIKU OF THE MONTH
Cool breeze on your face
Nothing is more refreshing
As you run, run, run.